Sunday, February 22, 2015

Let Me Sleep

Cars, horns, crickets. Everything I can hear outside the window as I try to fall asleep.
I'll come to school tired with only a couple hours of sleep and you'll ask me why I don't sleep more.
If I could, I would sleep; I love to sleep, I just dread falling asleep.
The anxiety of having to wait to drift off into a slumber is horrible.
I can't stand the thought of tossing and turning for hours on end, unable to turn off my mind enough to fall asleep.
Sometimes I'll get close to sleeping, you know that in between stage where all of a sudden your mom or sister closes the door down the hall just a little too loudly and now those hours of trying to fall asleep are all for naught, you'll be awake at least another two hours trying to recover from that.
It's horrible and not fair. 
I hate when people say they can fall asleep in 10 minutes.
It sounds like more of a dream than I ever get to experience.
All I want is to get in bed at 10 and not be awake until all hours of the night.
Please, just Let me sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I don't relate. I fall asleep in 5-10 minutes. I'm sorry. If I could change spots with you I wouldn't. NO really, I wouldn't.

    Those damn crickets.

    ReplyDelete